It's summer! Take care of your skin!
SUMMER SKIN CARE TIPS
Summer's here!!! The sun makes us feel brighter on the inside but can cause some damage on the outside so here are some ways to keep our well skin protected this summer.
1. Don’t Forget Your Lips: Your lips are a part of your skin so it makes sense to keep them protected. Use lip balms that have SPF 15 and above. This will help block out the sun’s rays and keep them soft and smooth. Reapply throughout the day.
2. Keep hydrated: Well this is a no brainer but it’s hard for some people to keep drinking water especially with the recommended 15 cups for adult males and 11 cups for adult females. I mean…ain’t nobody got time for that! But it is very important to keep your body hydrated especially during hot weather. You get sweatier so your body and skin needs more water for replenishment.
3. Buy a Face Mist: Oohh…this sounds mistyifying (get it?)! Misting will help you cool off. It will also help your skin feel more moisturized. Look for facial mists that have antioxidants for double the benefits.
4. Shower with Cool Water: Warm water for showers just feel so good especially after a long, busy day. But did you know that warm/hot showers can strip moisture from the skin? We don’t want that. Also, cool showers after a day of sweating can take away dirt and decrease breakouts.
5. Get rid of excess dead skin cells: It’s important to exfoliate year-round so it’s a good treatment for your skin to get some exfoliation during the summer. Exfoliate the whole body using a scrub before a shower or use Perfect Image’s Gly+Sal Exfoliating Body Lotion.
This lotion helps exfoliate the whole body, promotes tissue health, and visibly brightens the skin.